- Highlighted Programmes
- All Events
- Events at Hong Kong Central Library
- Hong Kong Library Festival
- Fun Reading at Hong Kong Historic Buildings
- Take a Break - eReading Corner
- Reading Promotion Activities@RTHK Programme
- Fun Day in Tung Chung Public Library
- Joy of Reading in Kwun Tong - Library Outdoor Party
- Joyful Reading Adventure @ North District
- Fun Reading at Your Neighbourhood – Pop-up Library
- Pop-up Library @ World Environment Day X World Oceans Day 2019
- Fun Reading at Hong Kong Public Transportation
- Pop-up Library @ Hong Kong Flower Show 2019
- Good Reads for Joyful Reading
- STEM@Library in Kowloon City District
- Happy Reading Companion Road Show in Southern District
- Reading KOL - Short Video Competition 2018
- Reading Programme for Children and Youth
- Hong Kong Public Libraries Reading Clubs
- 4．23 World Book Day
- Thematic Storytelling Workshops
- Paired Reading Talks and Workshops
- Extensive Reading to Broaden the Horizons
- Other Reading Activities
- Summer Reading Fiesta
- Literary Activities
- Awards / Competitions
- Hong Kong Literature Festival
- Talks / Workshops
- IT Activities
- Storytelling for Children
- Hot Topics
The Hong Kong Public Libraries organises the "4·23 World Book Day Creative Competition" in 2020 on the theme, “Growing Up with Reading”, in support of the World Book Day on 23rd April. The competition, which integrates with reading and creativity, aims to broaden and deepen the reading scope of children and youth that they are able to grow up towards enriched lives with reading.
Junior Primary (P1 - P3)
Topic: “I Love Reading”
Draw a picture with the form of a collage work to show that you read happily.
Senior Primary (P4 - P6)
Chinese / English
Topic: “I Learn … from this Book”
Write a letter to your teacher, family member or friend to introduce and share a book from which you learn something. (printed or electronic version).
300 - 400 words (including all punctuations)
Junior Secondary (S1 - S3)
Chinese / English
Topic: “A Story that Touched My Heart”
Choose a book that touched your heart (printed or electronic version) and write a book report to introduce the content and share your views. Write your own topic for the book report.
650 - 800 words (including all punctuations)
Senior Secondary (S4 - S6)
Chinese / English
Topic: “Growing Up with Reading”
Write an essay to illustrate your reading experiences and share your views through reading more than one piece of reading materials (including at least one book item either in printed or electronic version) related to the theme. Write your own topic for the essay.
1,000 - 1,200 words (including all punctuations)
Junior Primary Category – 25
Senior Primary Chinese Category – 15; Senior Primary English Category – 8
Junior Secondary Chinese Category – 15; Junior Secondary English Category – 8
Senior Secondary Chinese Category – 12; Senior Secondary English Category – 5
A book coupon at HK$500, a medal and a certificate will be awarded to each winner. A trophy will also be awarded to the school of each award winner.
3 January 2020 (For entries sent by post, the postmark date will be regarded as the date of submission. Late submission and mail items with insufficient postage will not be accepted.)
- All entries should be nominated and submitted by schools.
- Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mails.
Teachers and members from the education profession and related organisations.
Result will be announced in April 2020. Schools of award winners will receive individual notification. All award winners and schools will be invited to attend the Prize Presentation Ceremony held in April 2020. Roving exhibitions of the winning entries will be held at Hong Kong Public Libraries from late April onwards.
2921 2660 (Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Education Bureau, Hong Kong Teacher-Librarians’ Association, Hong Kong Reading Association, Association of Innovative Reading
- Junior Primary Category
- Senior Primary Chinese Category
- Senior Primary English Category
- Junior Secondary Chinese Category
- Junior Secondary English Category
- Senior Secondary Chinese Category
- Senior Secondary English Category