To facilitate the general public with different needs to make use of library facilities and services and participate in various library activities, Hong Kong Public Libraries provides the following barrier-free facilities in general for persons with disabilities:
- Automatic door at the library entrances for wheelchair user
- Braille and Tactile map for visually impaired
- Tactile guide path for visually impaired
- Audio and visual signals of the emergency alarm system
- Accessible lifts
- Accessible toilets
- Service Counter with height suitable for wheelchair users
- Induction loop system for hearing impaired
- Internet workstations installed with assistive software, hardware or function for the visually impaired.
- The contact list of Access Officers, apart from being displayed at the libraries concerned, has also been uploaded to the website of Leisure and Cultural Services Department for public information.