Opening Hours for Public Libraries and Study Rooms
From February 19, the Hong Kong Central Library, six major and 31 district libraries will partially reopen and offer lending and returning of library materials and collection of reserved items. Small and mobile libraries will remain closed until further notice.
- Hong Kong Central Library
- Six major libraries (namely City Hall, Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Sha Tin, Tuen Mun and Ping Shan Tin Shui Wai Public Library)
- 31 district libraries (namely Aberdeen, Chai Wan, Cheung Chau, Fa Yuen Street, Fanling, Lai Chi Kok, Lam Tin, Lockhart Road, Ma On Shan, Ngau Chi Wan, Ngau Tau Kok, North Kwai Chung, North Point, Po On Road, Quarry Bay, San Po Kong, Sai Kung, Shek Tong Tsui, Sheung Shui, Shui Wo Street, South Kwai Chung, Tai Hing, Tai Po, Tiu Keng Leng, To Kwa Wan, Tseung Kwan O, Tsing Yi, Tung Chung, Yau Ma Tei, Yuen Chau Kok and Yuen Long Public Library)
Please note Library Notices for special opening hours on public holidays and arrangements for opening of public libraries under inclement weather.
* All libraries will be closed on the following public holidays : New Year's Day, The First, Second and Third Day of the Chinese New Year, Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
** Except library closing day or public holidays, libraries will be closed at 5:00pm on the following days: New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year's Eve, Mid-Autumn Festival and Christmas Eve.
Special opening hours
|Monday to Saturday：
1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Sunday and Public Holidays：
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
* Readers are required to leave the library during the cleaning session