- Highlighted Programmes
- All Events
- Events at Hong Kong Central Library
- Hong Kong Library Festival
- Reading Activities
- Summer Reading Fiesta
- Literary Activities
- Awards / Competitions
- Hong Kong Literature Festival
- Talks / Workshops
- IT Activities
- Storytelling for Children
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Eminent Figures in the Modern History of China"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Children Stories: A Journey to the Whimsy Kingdom"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Children Growth & Development: The Bugs' Community"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Little Dragon Town: A Chinese Culture Tour"
- Music Office
- Panel Exhibition on Elderly Health : Stay Smart – Brain Health and You
- “Charity and Healthcare: Tung Wah Archives and Hong Kong’s Early Healthcare Development” Subject Talks and Roving Exhibitions
- “Tung Wah Archives and Early Overseas Chinese” Roving Exhibitions
- Pictorial Exhibition on "Braving the Storm: Hong Kong under Japanese Occupation"
- Other Exhibitions
- Hot Topics
Tag Search – Other Exhibitions
SO Yung (1928-2004) wrote numerous well-known Cantonese operas, Cantonese operatic songs and Cantopop since 1950s. He made remarkable contribution to the development of Cantonese operas, Cantonese operatic songs and Cantopop in Hong Kong.
The exhibition showcases the script, manuscript, gramophone records, photos and trophies. Readers can find out more about this renowned playwright.
The exhibition aims to promote active public participation in the conservation of historic buildings.
Soon after World War II, a flux of the intellectuals came to Hong Kong and earned their living by publishing and teaching. Since the mid-1960s, the publishing industry strived for growing and transforming, and ultimately founded the heyday in the 1980s. Showcasing the books selected from the Documents Collection Campaign, the exhibition revisits the trend and characteristics of academic and literary publications from the 1950s to the 1980s.