My Account

Close My Account

Check your library account, renew or reserve library materials.

My Info.

CloseMy Information

You can review your selected extension activities and library information. Please click "My Setting" to check or update your setting.

Event TitleDateTimeVenueType
Library NameDateContent

My Setting

Ask a Librarian


Close the menuOpen the menu

Reporting loss or Replacement of Library Card

A reader is suggested to report loss of his library card by telephone to any branch of the Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL) or via My Account in the HKPL homepage first in order to prevent the unauthorised use of the lost card. After that he/she must:

  1. submit in person a completed Reporting Loss/Replacement of Library Card or Change of Personal Particulars Form (Form No. LCS 111) to any branch of the Hong Kong Public Libraries; and  
  2. the applicant is required to produce valid proof of identity* upon submission of the application form; and  
  3. at the same time, he/she may also apply for a replacement library card at a cost of:

    • HK$33 for a reader who is aged 18 years old or above; or  
    • HK$17 for a reader who is under 18 years old.

* Children given birth in Hong Kong who do not have identity cards may produce photocopies of their birth certificates

Reporting Loss of Smart ID Card Allowed for Library Purpose