My Account

Close My Account

Check your library account, renew or reserve library materials.

My Info.

CloseMy Information

You can review your selected extension activities and library information. Please click "My Setting" to check or update your setting.

Event TitleDateTimeVenueType
Library NameDateContent

My Setting

Ask a Librarian


Close the menuOpen the menu

Reporting Loss of Smart ID Card Allowed for Library Purpose

To protect the smart ID cardholders' privacy, there will be no sharing of personal data between the Immigration Department and the Hong Kong Public Libraries. As a result, holders of smart ID cards used for library services will need to report the loss of their cards to the Immigration Department and also to the Hong Kong Public Libraries to prevent unauthorized use of the cards for borrowing purposes.

How to report a lost card

  1. It is suggested to report loss by telephone to any branch of the  Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL) or via My Account in the HKPL homepage first in order to prevent the unauthorised use of the lost card.
  2. Go to any Registration of Persons Offices of the Immigration Department;
  3. Complete a library form (Form No. LCS 696b) ;
  4. Indicate on the form whether you would like to apply for using your replacement smart ID card for library purposes; and
  5. Seal then deposit the properly completed and signed form into the designated drop-in box at the office.

The report of loss form will be collected by the Hong Kong Public Libraries. The report is deemed to be made to the Hong Kong Public Libraries only, not to the Immigration Department or any other agencies.

Citizens may also obtain and submit a library form (Form No. LCS 696a) at all public libraries or through the Internet.