Collection Development Meeting
The terms of reference of the Collection Development Meeting are:
- to formulate, review, and revise strategies for collection development;
- to review the existing library collections;
- to apportion the funds available for acquisition of library materials;
- to consider and approve selections from subject librarians and branch librarians as well as suggestions for purchase from members of the public;
- to consider and approve proposed donations of books from members of the public.
The Meeting is chaired by Chief Librarian (Operations & Technical Processing) and consists of Chief Librarians, Senior Librarians, and Librarians from the Hong Kong Central Library, libraries in different districts, and functional units of the HKPL, who serve on the Meeting in rotation.