Notes on Application for Students’ Study Room Admission Card (Applicable to the examination season from March to May in 2020)
A. From 1 March to 7 May 2020
- Students’ study rooms of the Hong Kong Public Libraries (“HKPL”) will be open daily in three sessions as follows:
- HKPL registered readers can apply for an admission card for priority allocation of a seat during the first 15 minutes in one of the above sessions. Application forms are available at all public libraries.
- Applicants can only submit ONE application and opt for ONE admission session, otherwise their applications will be rejected. The application deadline and results announcement date are as follows:
- Applicants shall submit a completed application form in person to the public library where the selected students’ study room is located and produce their HKPL library cards for identity verification. School candidates sitting for public examinations (e.g. Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), etc.) or professional examinations shall have their completed application forms endorsed with signature or seal by their schools while private candidates shall provide proof of their candidate status upon application.
- If the number of applications exceeds the places available, allocation will be determined by the drawing of lots. 95% of the places will be reserved for applicants sitting for public or professional examinations while the remaining 5% will be allocated to other applicants.
- Successful applicants shall collect their admission cards in person from the designated public library within the period specified in the results announcement notice. Applicants shall produce their identity documents upon collection of admission cards.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be issued with a standby card, which gives them priority in taking up any seats available in a specific session.
- If no admission card holders register for seats after the first 5 minutes of a session, the library staff have the right to reserve sufficient number of seats for these card holders for the next 10 minutes. Library staff will consider allocating the remaining seats available to users without an admission card on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If users leave their seats for more than 15 minutes, library staff have the right to allocate the seats to other standby users.
|Morning :||8:00 am - 12:30 pm|
|Afternoon :||12:45 pm - 5:15 pm|
|Evening :||5:30 pm - 10 pm (Monday - Friday)
5:30 pm - 9:30 pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
|Application Deadline||Results Announcement Date|
|4 February 2020||19 - 29 February 2020|
B. From 8 to 31 May 2020
- The opening hours of the HKPL students’ study rooms are as follows:
- Seats are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and no admission card is required.
|8:00 am - 10:00 pm (Monday - Friday)|
|8:00 am - 9:30 pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)|
Users who fail to comply with the Regulations for the Use of Students’ Study Rooms may be required to leave immediately.