The Map Library is located at the 5/F of Hong Kong Central Library. Its collections are for reference use. The aim of Map Library is to provide comprehensive geographical information to the general public.
- To provide access to maps and cartographic information to the general public for meeting their needs
- To provide current and research oriented collection of cartographic information
- To provide reference services on maps and cartography related enquiries.
The Map Library collects various kinds of maps, with emphasis on the Hong Kong, the Mainland and major countries and cities in the world. Its collections include:
- Different kinds of maps like physical maps, topographic maps, thematic maps, city maps and historical maps
- Different kinds of atlases like world atlases, national atlases, provincial atlases of the Mainland, city atlases and thematic atlases
- Old photos and aerial photos of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Street Naming Plans
- Reference books and leaflet about scenic places in Hong Kong
Some of the maps and old photos of Hong Kong have been digitized after clearance of copyright and can be accessed via the Multimedia Information System of Hong Kong Public Libraries.
Members of public are welcome to search the Library Catalogue for any specific titles and relevant topics.
Location & Opening Hours
The Map Library is located at:
5/F, Hong Kong Central Library,
66 Causeway Road, Causeway Bay,
Tel.: (852) 2921 0351