The Education Resource Centre
The Education Resource Centre (ERC) is set up by the Hong Kong Public Libraries of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for use by the general public, particularly students, teaching professionals and working population who strive for continuing study and self-learning in education and related subjects.
The ERC is located on the 9th floor of the Kowloon Public Library with an area of about 200 square metres. In addition to providing a reference collection on various aspects of education to the general public, it also offers students and working population with information on language learning resources particularly in Chinese and English.
In addition to the provision of educational resources in the ERC, the Hong Kong Collection is also available on the same floor in the Kowloon Public Library. The floor provides more than 30 seats, seven Internet workstations, three Library Catalogue terminals and two language learning workstations for public use.
Besides, over 30 multimedia/ Internet workstations and two language learning workstations are also available in the Multimedia Library on the 8th floor to serve the public.
The ERC Collection includes books, periodicals and electronic resources on the following subjects:
- General reference tools on education, including educational theory, psychology, sociology, curriculum, civic education and school administration as well as the course reference materials of the programmes offered by the Education University of Hong Kong;
- Language learning and teaching, including linguistics, phonology and bilingualism;
- Pre-school education resources for parental guidance and teaching;
- Local and overseas examination papers, syllabuses and proficiency tests;
- Government publications on education;
- Multimedia and electronic resources, such as language learning materials, electronic databases and Internet resources;
- Local and overseas periodicals on education.
The Hong Kong Public Libraries would like to express its sincere gratitude to the Library of the Hong Kong Institute of Education (now The Education University of Hong Kong) for providing specialist professional advice in the development of the ERC collection.
Location and Opening Hours
The Education Resource Centre is located at:
Reference Library, 9/F., Kowloon Public Library, 5 Pui Ching Road, Kowloon
Tel.: (852) 2926 4062
12:00 noon - 8:00 pm
|Tuesday to Saturday
|9:00 am - 8:00 pm
|Sunday and Public Holidays
|9:00 am - 5:00 pm
(The Centre will be closed on New Year's Day, Chinese New Year's Day and the following two days, Good Friday, Christmas Day and the following day. The Centre will be closed at 5:00 p.m. on New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year's Eve, Mid-Autumn Festival and Christmas Eve.)