Notes for Online Payment
- Overdue fines and reservation fees can be paid online by designated credit cards*.
- Replacement costs of lost library materials and outstanding charges being recovered from legal actions should be settled at any public library. Such costs or charges cannot be paid online.
- All fines / fees must be paid in full.
- Please check your charge(s) in “My Account” carefully before making an online payment. All charges paid will not be refunded except under special circumstances. The refund (if any) will be made to the credit card account used for payment.
- The system will link with the payment gateway of the designated bank after details of the payment have been confirmed. Please do not close or change the web browser during the entire process.
- An acknowledgement page will be shown after payment. Please record the Transaction Reference Number or Print the acknowledgement page for future reference, and double-check “My Account” to verify the settlement of the charges. No other receipt will be issued.
- Some Visa and MasterCard issuing banks do not support online payment. For enquiries, please contact your bank.
- You may need to register your credit card for “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode” security service before making an online payment. Please contact your bank for details.
- If you have any doubt about any credit card payment on your bank statement, please contact your bank for follow-up action.
- Please contact any public library for further information.
How to make an online payment
- Visit the Hong Kong Public Libraries website at http://www.hkpl.gov.hk .
- Below "My Account/Renewal" on the homepage,
- Enter your library card number or Hong Kong ID Card Number#;
- Enter your password and click Login.
- After login, select My Account on the top menu and click Account tab.
- Select the checkbox(es) on the left of individual charge items or click Select Page to select all items. Then click Pay.
- The "Confirm your Payment" page will be displayed with your selections:
- Click Confirm if the information is correct and go to Step 6; or
- Click Go Back if you want to change your selections and go back to Step 4; or
- Click Cancel if you do not want to proceed with the payment.
- After the system has linked to the payment gateway of the designated bank, the payment method selection page will be displayed. You may click the radio button to select the appropriate credit card and then click Pay.
- At the next screen, enter the following credit card information required for verification and then click Pay.
- Credit Card Number
- Expiry Date
- Cardholder Name (only applicable to JCB, MasterCard and Visa)
- the 3-digit security code on the back of the credit card.
- If payment is successful, an "Acknowledgement Page" showing the details of your payment will be displayed. Please record the Transaction Reference Number or print the page for future enquiry.
- Click Back on "Acknowledgement Page" to return to "My Account". The paid items would no longer be displayed in the Account.
* JCB, MasterCard, UnionPay and Visa
# Only for readers who have applied for using their Smart ID cards for the library services