The e-Resources are licensed for use by authorized users of the Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL). All library card holders of the HKPL may access the e-Resources via the Internet on the following conditions: -
- In compliance with the permissible limits of the Copyright Ordinance of Hong Kong (Laws of Hong Kong, Chapter 528), users may display, download or print limited copies of citations, abstracts, full-text or portions from e-Books and e-Databases solely for the purposes of research or private study.
- Under no circumstances should the e-Books and e-Databases or any of the content therein be redistributed to another person or be used, duplicated or altered for commercial purpose.
- The entire content of the e-Books and e-Databases is protected by copyright of the providers or the publishers. User should not remove, cancel or alter any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content.
- According to the license agreement, users may not download, copy, burn, capture, transmit, rent, sell, re-stream or modify any materials from the e-Books and e-Databases, or create derivative works based on materials from the e-Books and e-Databases.
- Users are reminded that they will be held fully responsible for any legal consequences arising from copyright infringement.