My Account

Close

 

 

My Account

Check your library account, renew or reserve library materials.

My Info.

Close

 

 

My Information

You can review your selected extension activities and library information. Please click "My Setting" to check or update your setting.

Event TitleDateTimeVenueType
Library NameDateContent

My Setting

Ask a Librarian

Top

Close the menuOpen the menu
close
Upgrade of Library System

Owing to system upgrade work for the library system, all online services will be suspended from 7:30 p.m. on 30 May 2017 to 8:00 a.m. on 31 May 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Details

Notes on Application for Admission Card to Students’ Study Room (Applicable to the examination season from March to May in 2017)


04.02.2017

 

A. From 1 March to 7 May 2017

  1.  Students’ Study Rooms under the Hong Kong Public Libraries (“HKPL”) will be open daily in three sessions as follows:
  2. Morning : 8 am - 12:30 pm
    Afternoon : 12:45 pm - 5:15 pm
    Evening : 5:30 pm - 10 pm (Monday - Friday)
    5:30 pm - 9:30 pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)

  3. HKPL registered readers can apply for an admission card to gain priority access to the Students’ Study Rooms in one of these sessions. Application forms are available at all public libraries.
  4. Applicants can only submit ONE application and opt for ONE admission session, otherwise their application will be rejected.  The application deadline and results announcement date are as follows:
  5. Application Deadline Results Announcement Date
    4 February 2017 18 - 28 February 2017
  6. Applicants must submit a completed application form to the public library where the selected Students’ Study Room is located and produce their HKPL Library Card for verification.  School candidates sitting for public examinations (e.g. HKDSE, IGCSE, etc.) or professional examinations must have their completed application form endorsed with signature or seal by their school while private candidates must provide proof of their candidate status upon application.
  7. If the number of applications exceeds the places available, allocation will be determined by drawing lots.  95 per cent of the places will be reserved for applicants sitting for public or professional examinations while the remaining 5 per cent will be allocated to other applicants.
  8. Successful applicants must collect their admission card in person from the designated public library within the period specified in the results announcement.  Production of identity documents is required for card collection.
  9. Unsuccessful applicants will be issued with a standby card, which gives them priority in taking up any available places in a specific session.
  10. The library staff has the right to allocate any available places to standby card holders on a first-come-first-served basis after the first 15 minutes of a session.
  11. Users who leave their seats for more than 15 minutes will not be allowed to use the Students’ Study Room for the rest of the session.

B. From 8 to 31 May 2017

  1. Students’ Study Rooms under the HKPL will be open as follows:
  2.  8 am - 10 pm (Monday - Friday)
     8 am - 9:30 pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
  3. Admission is granted on a first-come-first-served basis and no admission card is required.

Users who fail to comply with the Regulations for the Use of Students’ Study Room may be required to leave immediately.