- Highlighted Programmes
- All Events
- Events at Hong Kong Central Library
- Reading KOL - Short Video Competition 2018
- Reading Charter
- Reading Programme for Children and Youth
- Hong Kong Public Libraries Reading Clubs
- 4．23 World Book Day
- Thematic Storytelling Workshops
- Paired Reading Talks and Workshops
- Extensive Reading to Broaden the Horizons
- Other Reading Activities
- Summer Reading Month
- Literary Activities
- Awards / Competitions
- Hong Kong Literature Festival
- Talks / Workshops
- IT Activities
- Hot Topics
Encourage the public to share the joy of reading and arouse their interest in reading.
- Primary Category (P1 - P6)
- Secondary Category (S1 - S6)
- Open Category
Participants have to produce a video to share the joy of reading or to promote reading. The entry video may be produced in Cantonese, Putonghua or English and should not exceed 2 minutes. The entry should be submitted together with a caption and a brief description on the concept of the video in not more than 100 words, in Chinese or English.
11 June 2018
The completed application form (click here to download form) and entry video can be submitted via:
- By Post:
8/F., Sing Tao News Corporation Building, 7 Chun Cheong Street, Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, N.T.
(Please mark " Reading KOL - Short Video Competition 2018" on the envelope)
- In Person:
"Sing Tao Centre", Shop 249, 2/F., World Wide House, Central, HK.
(Office Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am-6pm, open
during lunch, close on Sunday and Public Holiday)
The Judging Panel comprises personnel from the academia, culture and arts, representatives from the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and the Education Bureau.
- Content presentation (30%)
- Creativity (30%)
- Interestingness (20%)
- Use of techniques (10%)
- Positivity (10%)
Award (For each category)
Champion (1 winner)
Cash coupon (HK$8,000 in total) and certificate
First runner-up (1 winner)
Cash coupon (HK$5,000 in total) and certificate
Second runner-up (1 winner)
Cash coupon (HK$3,000 in total) and certificate
Merit awards (3 winners)
Cash coupon (HK$1,000 in total) and certificate
Most Active Participating School Award (For Primary and Secondary categories only)
Most Viewed Award
Cash coupon (HK$1,000 in total) and certificate
The judging panel will select 6 finalist entries in each category. These entries will be posted onto a social media platform from 30 June 2018 to 15 July 2018. Entry with the highest number of views for the group will receive the "Most Viewed Award". The champion, first runner-up, second runner-up and merit awards will be selected by the panel of judges. Primary and Secondary schools with the highest total number of participating students will receive the "Most Active Participating School Award".
Result Announcement and Award Presentation Ceremony
Winners will be notified by post in July and be invited to join the award presentation ceremony to be held on 28 July 2018.
Telephone: 2798 2870; Email: email@example.com
- No restrictions on the presentation format of the entry video.
- The entry video may be produced in Cantonese, Putonghua or English and should not exceed 2 minutes. Entry should be submitted together with a title and a brief description on the concept of the video in not more than 100 words, in Chinese or English.
- The entry video should be submitted in AVI, RMVB, WMV, MPEG, MP4, MOV, MPG or M4V format of file size between 5 MB and 100 MB.
- Entry is on individual basis. Each participant can only enter the competition in one category. Each participant may submit more than one entry but will only be qualified for one award. Once entered, participant cannot change the competition category or amend the submitted entries.
- All entries should be submitted on or before 11 June 2018. If by post, the postmark date will be regarded as the date of submission. If by online submission, the time stamp of the computer at or before 23:59 ,11 June 2018 will be accepted. Late submission will not be accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- The content of the entries must comply with the theme and objective of the competition. No entries may depict contents that are indecent, include violence or any negative element. The Organiser has the absolute right to screen all submitted entries.
- All entries, once submitted, will not be returned to the participants. The Organiser is not responsible for any loss, delayed submission or mis-delivery of any of the entries.
- All entries should not insinuate other commercial organisations and should not carry logos of any entities.
- All entries must be original works that have not been previously published in any format or channel. The participants must ensure that there is no infringement of intellectual property rights (including copyright) of any third party. Authorised use of any original audio visual creations (e.g. video clips) must clearly be stated in their submission supported by relevant proof of authorisation. The participants shall bear the full liability for any breach of laws arising from their entries and the Organiser shall assume no responsibility for it.
- The participants agree to grant the Organiser the licence to use all entries, including but not limited to copy, record, post, publish, exhibit, promote, market, elaborate, broadcast, disseminate, storage of the entries in the media/systems/networks managed by the HKSAR Government for public to read, browse, etc.
- The participants agree to authorize the Organiser to use, adapt and edit the participating entries for promotion.
- The Organiser and the Judging Panel reserve the right to disqualify any participants who breach the terms and conditions of the competition and the right to claim any damages.
- The final decision on the result of the competition rests with the Judging Panel.
- All prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Organiser has the full discretion to replace any prize with an item of similar value.
- Staff of the Hong Kong Public Libraries, the supporting organisation and the media partner are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the identity of the participants. Participants must ensure that all the information they submitted is true and correct; and must not be using the identity of a third party. Participants will be disqualified if the information is untrue or incorrect. If the proof of the identity of the winner is not the same as the information submitted, the Organiser can request the winner to provide relevant proof of identification. In the event that the winner cannot provide such document, the Organiser holds the right to forfeit the prize to the winner.
- All participants will be seen as agreed to the terms and conditions. The Organiser reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions of the competition without informing the participants. On any argument that may arise from the terms and conditions, processing procedure, competition result and others activities, etc. related to the competition, the Organiser reserves the final decision rights without informing the participants.
*The personal data provided by the participants will be used for the purpose of the competition activities. The participant has the right to request access to or correction of the personal data provided in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The winners agree to allow the Organiser to disseminate their names and authorise the Organiser to collect, process and use their personal data for the purposes of publicity and promotion.