The Literary Food Journey
Food not only satisfies our appetite, but also bears our memories and emotions. Writers introduce food culture and history, as well as putting the vicissitudes of life into words through imagination. Let us start a literary food journey and find the everlasting taste by picking up the bits and pieces of life in literary works.
|Date & Time:||4 July 2020 (Saturday)
3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
|Venue:||Hong Kong Central Library Lecture Theatre, G/F.|
Registration: Please click this link for seat reservation during the online registration period.
Online registration date: 22 June 2020 10:00 a.m.-3 July 2020.
The session will also be conducted online. For the latest programme details and arrangements, please refer to this webpage.
Link to live video broadcast:
Prof. WONG Shuk-han, Mary
Dr. YANG Ming
Dr. CHAU Tsz-yan, Emily
Subject: Taste and Identity: Food in Si Ming's Newspaper Column in the 1950s
Dr. SIU Yan-ho
Subject: Literature, Culture and Life: Hong Kong's Food Writing in the 1950s
- Conducted in Cantonese and Putonghua.
- Free admission. Seats are limited on a first come, first served basis.
- Q&A Session: Questions relating to the Symposium topics can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2 July 2020. Your questions will be forwarded to the speakers.
- Session will be cancelled if Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or "extreme conditions" Note is issued and remains in force 3 hours before the starting time of the session. (Note: In case of serious disruption of public transport services, extensive flooding, major landslides or large-scale power outage caused by a super typhoon, the Government will make an announcement of "extreme conditions".)
- For Enquiry: 2928 4551
- Extension Activities Unit, Hong Kong Public Libraries
- Mon. to Fri.: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (Except Public Holidays)
|Remarks:||Conducted in Cantonese and Putonghua|