The City in Literature
Cities can make for excellent muses. Writers transform their experience and memories into words to construct a sense of place and their own stories. Through literary works, we can recollect the past, thoughts about the urban sketches and life to the full.
|Date & Time:||4 July 2020 (Saturday)
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
|Venue:||Hong Kong Central Library Lecture Theatre, G/F.|
Registration: Please click this link for seat reservation during the online registration period.
Online registration date: 22 June 2020 10:00 a.m.-3 July 2020.
The session will be conducted online. For the latest programme details and arrangements, please refer to this webpage.
Link to live video broadcast:
Prof. HOYAN Hang-fung, Carole
Dr. LEUNG Mo-ling, Rebecca
Dr. WONG Ka-ki
Subject: Remapping the Discourse of Hong Kong Urban Literature
Dr. TONG Yui
Subject: City and the Search for Self
- Conducted in Cantonese
- Free admission. Seats are limited on a first come, first served basis.
- Q&A Session: Questions relating to the Symposium topics can be sent via email at email@example.com on or before 2 July 2020. Your questions will be forwarded to the speakers.
- Session will be cancelled if Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or "extreme conditions" Note is issued and remains in force 3 hours before the starting time of the session. (Note: In case of serious disruption of public transport services, extensive flooding, major landslides or large-scale power outage caused by a super typhoon, the Government will make an announcement of "extreme conditions".)
- For Enquiry: 2928 4551
- Extension Activities Unit, Hong Kong Public Libraries
- Mon. to Fri.: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (Except Public Holidays)