- Highlighted Programmes
- All Events
- Events at Hong Kong Central Library
- Hong Kong Library Festival
- Reading Activities
- Summer Reading Fiesta
- Literary Activities
- Awards / Competitions
- Hong Kong Literature Festival
- Talks / Workshops
- IT Activities
- Storytelling for Children
- Hot Topics
The 13th Hong Kong Literature Festival Thematic Exhibition – “Let’s Create”: Literary Arts Scheme for Students (Cancelled)
|Date & Time:||27 March 2020 (Friday)
|Organiser:||Hong Kong Public Libraries|
|Remarks:||Please refer to the application form for details.|
Hong Kong Literature Festival, Extension Activities Unit, Hong Kong Public Libraries
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
To promote literary creation and reading, the Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL) of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department will organise the 13th Hong Kong Literature Festival on the theme of "Moments in Literature" from 22 June to 12 July 2020. This year, as part of the thematic exhibition, literary panels created by secondary school students will be displayed. These panels provide a glimpse of how the youth look at Hong Kong literature, with a view to arousing their interest in reading and exploring literature.
Full-time secondary school students in Hong Kong
Details of the Scheme
- Each selected team is required to produce two literary panels on the theme of “Moments in Literature”, showing how they look at Hong Kong Literature.
- Each selected team has to submit a panel creation proposal with the draft design in CHINESE, illustrating the design concept and content outline of the exhibits, and then produce two single-sided literary panels according to the proposal and draft design.
- The panels of selected teams will be displayed during the 13th Hong Kong Literature Festival.
- Selected teams will be invited to share their experience in literary creation at the Opening Ceremony of the 13th Hong Kong Literature Festival.
How to Apply
- Guidelines and application forms are obtainable from all public libraries and available for download on the HKPL website at www.hkpl.gov.hk.
- Completed application forms should be submitted by hand or by post to: Extension Activities Unit, Hong Kong Public Libraries, Rm 901, 9/F, Fa Yuen Street Municipal Services Building, 123A Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon. Please mark “The 13th Hong Kong Literature Festival Thematic Exhibition – ‘Let’s Create’: Literary Arts Scheme for Students” on the envelope.
Deadline for Application
27 March 2020
(For application forms submitted by post, the postmark date will be regarded as the date of application. Late submission will not be accepted.)
- Upon completion of the panel production, each selected team will be awarded book coupons valued at HK$500.
All members of selected teams will be awarded certificates of appreciation.
A trophy will be awarded to the school represented by each selected team as an encouragement.