- Highlighted Programmes
- All Events
- Events at Hong Kong Central Library
- Reading Activities
- Summer Reading Fiesta
- Literary Activities
- Awards / Competitions
- Hong Kong Literature Festival
- Talks / Workshops
- IT Activities
- Storytelling for Children
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Eminent Figures in the Modern History of China"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Children Stories: A Journey to the Whimsy Kingdom"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Children Growth & Development: The Bugs' Community"
- Summer Reading Month Exhibition on "Little Dragon Town: A Chinese Culture Tour"
- Music Office
- Panel Exhibition on Elderly Health : Stay Smart – Brain Health and You
- “Tung Wah Archives and Early Overseas Chinese” Roving Exhibitions
- Pictorial Exhibition on "Braving the Storm: Hong Kong under Japanese Occupation"
- Other Exhibitions
- Hot Topics
The Ups and Downs of Ritualistic Cantonese Opera
|Date:||2018/11/28 (Wednesday) to 2019/2/28 (Thursday)|
|Time:||Library Opening Hours|
|Venue:||Hong Kong Central Library (Arts Resource Centre)|
|Organiser:||Jointly organised with the Hong Kong Association of Cantonese Opera Scholars|
Once a strong tradition and having a century-long history of development, ritualistic Cantonese opera currently suffers a gradual decline due to cultural and social change. Focusing on the downturn, this exhibition presents the organisation, fund-raising, regional characteristics, construction of the bamboo theatres, troupe structure, training of artists and special features of the opera series. And through showcasing a collection of photos and relics, it brings to the general public the many facets of ritualistic Cantonese opera.